This post was written by my friend, and a mentor to me in many ways, Brian Ray. Brian is the co-founder of Crossroads Career Services, Inc. Brian has done what he does best, offer hope and help, for over 40 years, to those who have found themselves at a career crossroads. And in these times, there is plenty of that.
Do You Find Yourself Suddenly Laid-Off and Jobless?
A 3,000% jump in jobless claims has devastated the U.S. job market as 6.6 million US workers filed for their first week of unemployment benefits in the week ending March 28, according to the Department of Labor — a new historic high.NY Times, April 2, 2020
What to Do Now?
- Apply for Unemployment Benefits. Don’t wait! Finding your next job may take longer than you think.
- Find Who Is Hiring. Search by zip codes and keywords (job titles, employers, skills).
• 7 Step Action Plan to get the right job for you. Scroll down the whole page and click all seven steps for 100+ job and career resources.
• Tips for the Suddenly Unemployed. Check out the top 10 tips on how to “survive the shock and bounce back like a star.”
• Confidential Prayer Network. You can post a prayer request or a praise report, as well as pray anonymously for others.
• Face the Fear. Don’t be afraid. Take courage. Fight the good fight with this devotional.